WHO WE ARE
The YMCA is a cause-driven organization focused on three key areas: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We believe a strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. Our programs, services, and initiatives enable youth to realize their potential, offer families ways to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster social responsibility.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
The values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for life. At the Y, children and teens learn values and positive behaviors, and can explore their unique talents and interests, helping them realize their potential.
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
Improving our community’s health and well-being.
Being healthy is about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind, and body. At the Y you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself with new activities, fostering connections with neighbors, or joining family-centered activities.
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence as a nonprofit. It is only through the support of hundreds of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to support and give back to our communities.
THE GREATER AUGUSTA FAMILY YMCA
With a 162-year legacy of service in the C.S.R.A , the nonprofit Family YMCA of Greater Augusta offers programs and services at more than 50 CSRA locations, including 10 program and wellness facilities and Camp Lakeside, a 100-acre camp located on Lake Thurmond.
The Family Y’s Prime Time program provides after-school care at 27 Richmond, McDuffie, Aiken, Jefferson, Barnwell, and Columbia County elementary schools and 13 summer camp sites.
THERE’S STRENGTH IN OUR NUMBERS
162 years in the CSRA, a faith based institution, with 3 areas of focus: Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
- More than 50 locations including: 10 branches, a Child Development Academy, Camp Lakeside, 27 Primetime after-school sites and 13 summer camp locations.
- Operate in 8 counties: Aiken, Barnwell, Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, Jefferson, McDuffie and Richmond.
- $2 Million in Scholarships given away in 2019.
- More than 1,000 beds delivered through our A Place To Dream Program since 2017.
- During the COVID-19 shutdown from March to August, we provided over 375,000 meals to children and adults through our Food Program.
- By the end of 2020, we will have provided more than 750,000 meals.