WHO WE ARE
The YMCA is a cause-driven organization focused on three key areas: youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We believe a strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. Our programs, services, and initiatives enable youth to realize their potential, offer families ways to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster social responsibility.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
The values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for life. At the Y, children and teens learn values and positive behaviors, and can explore their unique talents and interests, helping them realize their potential.
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
Improving our community’s health and well-being.
Being healthy is about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind, and body. At the Y you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself with new activities, fostering connections with neighbors, or joining family-centered activities.
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence as a nonprofit. It is only through the support of hundreds of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to support and give back to our communities.
THE GREATER AUGUSTA FAMILY YMCA
With a 160 year legacy of service in the C.S.R.A , the nonprofit Family YMCA of Greater Augusta offers programs and services at 70 CSRA program centers, including 10 program and wellness facilities, one full-time child development center, and Camp Lakeside, a 100-acre camp located on Lake Thurmond. The Family Y’s Prime Time program provides after-school care at 40 Richmond, McDuffie, Aiken, Jefferson, Barnwell, and Columbia County elementary schools and 16 summer camp sites. The Head Start Pre-K Program operates 7 facilities in Aiken and Barnwell Counties.
THERE'S STRENGTH IN OUR NUMBERS
- 160 years in the CSRA, a faith based institution, with 3 areas of focus: Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
- 75 locations includes: 10 branches, a Child Development Center, Camp Lakeside, 7 Head Start Sites, 40 Primetime after-school sites and 16 summer camp locations.
- Operate in 8 counties: Aiken, Barnwell, Columbia, Lincoln, Jefferson, McDuffie, Richmond, and Warren.
- Over 45,000 members and over 48,000 program participants, including: 10,593 Adult and Youth Swimmers, 7,800 Campers, 8,197 young athletes, and 5,394 adult athlete and wellness program participants.
- Over $2 Million in Scholarships given away in 2017.
- One of the top 10 largest employers in the C.S.R.A. with over 1,500 employees.