WELCOME TO BARNWELL COUNTY FAMILY YMCA!
The Barnwell County Family YMCA is a center for individual and family recreation, fun and activity in Barnwell, SC. Since 2015, we have been part of the close-knit Barnwell community and are conveniently located in Barnwell’s Industrial Park.
We offer a variety of services and amenities for children through seniors including:
BARNWELL COUNTY AQUATICS CENTER NOW OPEN
The Barnwell County Aquatics Center at the Barnwell County Family YMCA is now open. The Barnwell County Aquatic Center at the YMCA marks the first Barnwell County aquatic center open to the public since 1987. The Aquatics Center is free for YMCA members, and day passes are available to purchase. The hours of operation during the summer are Monday-Friday: 10am-1pm & 4pm-7pm, Saturday from 10am to 5pm and Sunday from 1pm to 5pm. The pool/water park is cleared 15 minutes prior to closing to allow everyone time to dry off, gather belongings and exit the facility.
Aquatics Center is closed for the season.
Aquatics Center Features
- Large lap/recreation pool that includes 6 lap swim lanes, recreation and swim instruction areas, slide feature and varying depths.
- Kiddie Pool with additional water features for youth and families to enjoy.
- Outdoor bathhouse with restrooms, showers and lockers for facility users.
- Large deck to include shade features and a picnic area for events and gatherings.
Access to the pool/water park is included with YMCA membership, but day passes can be purchased by nonmembers or guests.
*Passes are 1/2 price with verification of SNAP benefits*
Assistance is always available for YMCA membership, and there’s never a contract. Click here to learn more.
Water safety is critical to a successful summer. The Y encourages children and adults to have fun and enjoy the various benefits of swimming, but to always make safety their first priority. We recommend children and adults practice the following safety tips when in and around the water:
- Only swim when and where there is a lifeguard on duty; never swim alone.
- Adults should constantly and actively watch their children.
- Inexperienced or non-swimmers should wear a Coast Guard-approved life jacket.
- Parents or guardians of young children should be within an arm’s reach.
- Children and adults should not engage in breath holding activities.
- Always followed posted rules, policies or guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
No! The Barnwell Aquatics Center and our Pickleball Court is open to the community. Access to both is included with Y membership, but day passes may be purchased.
Day passes are $20 for adults, and $10 for children. Passes are 50% off with verification of SNAP benefits. Check our Facebook page for any other specials!
Day passes do not qualify for the Y’s typical financial assistance program, but they are 50% off with verification of SNAP benefits. The discounted rates are $10 for adults and $5 for children.
Children 13 to 15 who have passed the swim test may be left unattended in the pool, but a parent or guardian must remain in the building. Teens 16 and older may use the pool and facility unaccompanied.
No. However, during pool hours, there will always be 2 lap lanes available for adult lap swim.
Yes! Aqua Aerobics is held Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:00 AM.
When available, private swim lessons can be purchased for an individual swimmer, 2 swimmers or 3 swimmers. You can purchase single lessons or a 4-pack. We will put updates on our website when registration is open.
$25 for members
$50 for nonmembers
$35 for members
$60 for nonmembers
$45 for members
$70 for nonmembers
4 Lesson Packages
$85 for members
$110 for nonmembers
Up to 3 Swimmers
$120 for members
$145 for nonmembers