The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to learn, grow and thrive. Everyone belongs.
With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in your community too.
Belong to a place where:
- Parents find a safe, positive environment for children to learn good values, social skills and behaviors.
- Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
- Children and teens play, learn who they are, what they can achieve and are accepted.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests and learn how to live healthier.
- Communities thrive because neighbors support each other and give back.
- We all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose.
CLICK HERE for a brief overview of each branch and which programs they have to offer. Team Youth Sports are FREE for Metro Family memberships! An additional uniform fee is required and varies depending on the sport.
CLICK HERE for a map of our locations.
NATIONWIDE MEMBERSHIP: Things to Know Before You Go
Your Greater Augusta Family Y Membership qualifies you as a Nationwide Member, giving you the added value of visiting Ys across the United States and Puerto Rico.
There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel:
• Visit ymca.net before you travel to make sure the Y you intend to visit participates in Nationwide Membership. More than 2,500 Y locations participate.
• You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
• On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
• If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
• If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
• Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
• You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We offer Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities. We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.