Our “New Normal”
(August 16, 2021) Through the COVID-19 pandemic, the goal of the Family YMCA of Greater Augusta has been to keep our members healthy and safe. It has been challenging to navigate the constant changes we’ve seen over the last year and a half, and you – our members – have been patient and attentive every step of the way. For that we are grateful.
With your safety in mind, we are monitoring the state of COVID-19 in the Greater Augusta area. Any changes to our guidelines will be communicated through email and social media, as well as being posted to this page.
Our cleanliness procedures have not changed, and we are still proud that there have been 0 virus outbreaks attributed to any of our facilities.The Family YMCA remains committed to providing members with a safe, clean place to work on their health and wellness.
Currently, our facilities are fully open and there are no restrictions on equipment or amenities. Below, you’ll find a general overview of our current operations and our reservation policy. Please reach out to your local branch for questions or more information.
- No restrictions on cardio equipment. Members who prefer an unused machine next to them have access to “safe zone” signs to post on side machines.
- All pools, waterparks and swim lessons are operating at normal capacity.
- Group Exercise classes are operating at normal capacity with reservations optional (see Reservation Policy below for more details).
- Play and Learn is open at normal capacity with reservations optional (see Reservation Policy below for more details).
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools are open.
- Showers are open.
- Basketball courts are available for open play and pickleball has resumed.
- Equipment may be checked out at the welcome center (basketballs, bands, etc.).
- Guests are allowed following the guidelines in our Guest Policy.
- Camp Lakeside Residence Camp and Summer Day Camps are in full operation.
- Outdoor Programs have returned to normal with safety protocols in place.
- Katie’s Pool at Wilson Family YMCA is open by appointment only.
- Hours of Operation are normal. Please check your branch’s operating hours here.
- Face masks are not required.
Reservations for group exercise classes, lap lanes and Play & Learn are available, but not required. We are operating at normal capacity with some spots guaranteed to members who make a reservation and other spots available first come, first serve for drop-in. Click here to make a reservation for a class, lap lane or Play & Learn.
Reservation policy varies by location, so please contact your local branch for specifics.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
The exceptional cleaning standards that we are all accustomed to will not change. Our staff will continue to extensively clean all facilities, including the use of disinfectant foggers every night. We also ask our members to keep caring for each other by wiping down equipment before and after use, and washing their hands regularly.
As always, staff and members should be guided by our core values of being caring, honest, respectful and responsible.