Health and Safety Guidelines and Prevention
We are excited to see increased activity throughout all our branches and will continue keeping our members, staff and program participants safe and protected while they use our facilities. As state guidelines are lifted, we will be opening more services and programs using a phased approach. At all times, we will be adhering to CDC guidelines, as well as state and local guidelines, in order to protect everyone who walks into one of our facilities. The below guidelines will be used across all Family YMCA of Greater Augusta locations where applicable.
6/1 Changes in Our Facilities:
- Extensive facility cleaning, including disinfectant fogging every night.
- Face masks are recommended, not required, for members and YMCA staff.
- Capacity limits for group exercise classes, strength areas and Play & Learn will be phased back to full capacity by August 1, 2021.
- Guests are allowed following the guidelines in our Guest Policy.
- No restrictions on cardio equipment. Members who prefer an unused machine next to them have access to “safe zone” signs to post on side machines.
- Activities such as basketball and pickleball have resumed, and we ask that members practice safe measures through their own diligence.
- Equipment may be checked out at the welcome center (basketballs, bands, etc.).
- Outdoor Programs have returned to normal with safety protocols in place.
- Camp Lakeside Residence Camp and Summer Day Camp are in full operation with all safety protocols in place. See Camp Guidelines below for more information.
- All pools, waterparks and swim lessons will operate at a normal capacity. See Pool Guidelines below for more information.
- Katie’s Pool at Wilson Family YMCA is open by appointment only.
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools are open.
- Showers are open.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Signage throughout the building to encourage hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Hours of Operation for each branch will be adjusted as needed by our member’s needs. Please check your branch’s operating hours here.
We will review our guidelines regularly and communicate changes as necessary. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members.
Group Exercise Guidelines
- Class schedule is limited.
- Spots must be reserved in advance.
- Members must maintain social distance during group exercise classes per state guidelines.
- Length of class may be limited.
- Members can access Your Virtual Y to participate in group exercise classes from home. Click here for more information.
Play & Learn Guidelines
- Limited hours available. Check your branch for changes in operating hours.
- Children will be asked to sanitize or wash their hands when they arrive to Play & Learn.
- Reservations may be required. Check your branch for availability.
- Parents will not be allowed in childcare areas.
- Capacity limits for Play & Learn will be phased back to full capacity by August 1, 2021.
- Only toys that can be easily disinfected will be in the room.
- There will be heightened cleaning throughout the day.
- Play & Learn Centers will be deep cleaned throughout the day
Prime Time COVID-19 Guidelines
We are excited to return to the school system to provide before and afterschool care. We are committed to providing a fun, nurturing and educational environment while doing our best to make sure that we keep everyone safe. We will be following all CDC and school system guidelines. Some changes you will see that will ensure the health and safety of our students and staff include:
- Signage will be posted on COVID-19 prevention and symptoms, good hygiene and protocols.
- Check-in and check-out will be conducted outside.
- All staff and anyone entering the program will be required to check temperature.
- Upon arrival, children will be asked a series of COVID-19 screening questions regarding symptoms. Students exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be isolated and parents contacted immediately.
- Any student with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to return for 2 weeks. Students can be readmitted with a note signed by a physician.
- Staff will be required to wear masks.
- Students will be encouraged to wear masks at Y branches and required at in-school programs.
- Programs will be staffed at a ratio below the state standard.
- Staff will enforce social distancing and limit congregating between groups.
- Program group size will be reduced.
- Staff will teach and reinforce good hygiene measures.
- We will provide hand-soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels and no-touch trash cans in all bathrooms, classrooms and high-traffic areas.
- Staff will clean and sanitize areas before and after morning and afternoon programs.
- We will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Water fountains will be turned off, so bottled water or a water pitcher will be provided.
- We will follow school system protocols if a child or staff member becomes ill.
- Bus Protocols *for schools that bus to a Y branch*
- All children will have hand sanitizer applied before boarding the bus.
- Students and staff will wear masks on the bus.
- Students will use hand sanitizer or wash their hands as they are dropped-off at the Y.
- Buses will be sanitized at the beginning and end of each day.
- If a bus is used multiple times a day, it will be sanitized thoroughly between each run.
Guidelines will be adjusted when required. Any changes will be updated on our website, posted at the program location and sent in emails.
Wilson YMCA Flag Football Guidelines
We’re excited to see you at Y Youth Sports programs again soon. The safety and well-being of everyone is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 health crisis, we have added a layer of new procedures to help everyone stay safe and healthy. Please review the following information about what to expect this season.
- No one should attend practice or a game if not feeling well, has a fever, currently under a quarantine or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Personal health and safety are the responsibility of all players, volunteers & spectators.
- If a positive COVID-19 test is reported to the Y, teams impacted will be notified, while keeping the individual’s identity confidential.
- Players and coaches should wash their hands before and after each practice.
- Coaches are responsible for ensuring social distancing is maintained within players as much as possible during practice/games.
- Face masks are recommended for participants, guests and coaches.
- Game balls will be wiped down before game, half-time and after game by YMCA staff.
- Players should not share water bottles and drink containers. Players should bring their own water bottles to practice & games
- No sunflower seeds, gum or spitting will be allowed.
- Teams will be placed on opposite sides of the field with team designated spots. Spots will be marked on the sideline for kids to sit when off the field to help promote social distance.
- Spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs/blankets and practice social distancing during practices and games.
- Players should not arrive more than 10 minutes early for practices, as to allow those scheduled before to exit.
- During the pregame YMCA Pledge, players will spread out along midfield using social distancing guidelines.
- After the game, there will not be any handshakes, congratulation lines, or parent tunnels. We ask teams to participate in our Sportsmanship gesture (2 claps and shouting “GOOD GAME,” to their opponent -still practicing social distancing.
- Avoid having large group team meetings before or after the game. When meeting, practice social distancing.
- Post-Game snacks/drinks will be optional. Items must be individually wrapped, or factory pre-packaged. Any unpackaged or shared team food is not permitted at this time.
- To minimize crowd size and more easily adhere to social distance guidelines, we ask that only immediate family members attend games and practice.
- To ensure participant health and safety, as well as enjoyment of our facilities and programs, we will continue to review and update these guidelines regularly to remain in line with federal, state and local guidelines.
Youth Soccer COVID-19 Policies
These guidelines are expected to be followed by all parents, coaches and players to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- We encourage coaches and parents to wear face coverings.
- We ask that all spectators keep 6-foot distance from anyone outside of their immediate family.
- Water fountain on the premises will be used ONLY to refill bottles or cups.
- Balls/sports gear will be sanitized.
- There will be no end of game handshake between players.
- GEORGIA LOCATIONS: Coaches will be required to check-in.
We will be adhering to all CDC guidelines, as well as state and local guidelines in order to protect everyone in our youth sports program. We will review our guidelines regularly and communicate changes as necessary.
Pool Safety Guidelines
- Pool areas and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between uses.
- Private and family swim lessons are available by request. Small group lessons coming summer 2021.
- Members must shower before entering the pool.
- Sanitation stations and hand sanitizer are available on the pool deck.
- Check your branch for operating hours.
Camp Safety Guidelines
We are thrilled to offer camp again this summer, and are committed to providing fun and adventure for your child while keeping them safe. We are following all CDC, ACA, YUSA, local health department and state guidelines, which means camp will be a little different this summer to ensure the health and safety of our campers. View our COVID-19 Day Camp policies.
- Check-in and check-out are conducted outside in a car line style.
- All campers will have their temperature checked at check-in. Temperature must be below 100.4 to remain at camp.
- Any camper with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to return for five days. Camper can be readmitted with a note signed by a physician or a negative COVID-19 test.
- Campers must wash/sanitize hands before and after each activity/meal.
- Camp groups are limited to between 1:10 and 1:15 ratio.
- Campers will eat and complete activities with their camp group only.
- All camper’s personal items must fit in a backpack that can be hung on a hook or chair.
- All campers must bring a refillable water bottle with them.
- Field trips may be conducted depending on camp location.
- Masks are required when campers are being transported on a bus.
- There is heightened cleaning throughout the day, including a disinfecting fogger for camp activity rooms.
- Limited number of total campers per location.
We will review our guidelines throughout the summer and make any changes as necessary. Any revisions to our guidelines will be communicated through email, our website and social media.