Health and Safety Guidelines and Prevention
We are now in Phase 5 of our reopening, as of September 1! As we open more services and programs, we want to continue keeping our members, staff and program participants safe and protected while they use our facilities. We will be adhering to all CDC guidelines, as well as state and local guidelines in order to protect everyone who walks into one of our facilities. The below guidelines will be used across all Family YMCA of Greater Augusta locations where applicable.
Phase 5 Hours of Operation
Hours of operation are temporarily modified for Phase 5. Pools and Play & Learn also have limited hours. Please check your branch’s operating hours here.
Phase 5 Changes in Our Facilities:
- Play and Learn is open by reservation. See Play and Learn Guidelines below for more information.
- Group exercise classes require reservations in advance. See Group Exercise Guidelines below for more information.
- Some senior exercise classes have started by reservation. See Group Exercise Guidelines below for more information.
- Basketball has open play.
- Pickleball has open play.
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools are open.
- Indoor or outdoor pools are open for lap swim by reservation. See Pool Guidelines below for more information.
- Outdoor pools and waterparks are open. See Pool Guidelines below for more information.
- Katie’s Pool at Wilson Family YMCA is open by appointment only.
- Showers are open.
- Members must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance.
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility
- Staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks).
- Masks are recommended for members.
- We will have controlled access to the facilities.
- Time may be limited in the facility.
- Only every other piece of cardio equipment will be used.
- No guests or nationwide members will be permitted.
- Water fountains are only for refilling bottles.
- Coffee will not be available.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members must wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, handwashing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- No towel service.
- Check your branch for changes in operating hours.
We will review our guidelines regularly and communicate changes as necessary. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home.
Prime Time COVID-19 Guidelines
We are excited to return to the school system to provide before and afterschool care. We are committed to providing a fun, nurturing and educational environment while doing our best to make sure that we keep everyone safe. We will be following all CDC and school system guidelines. Some changes you will see that will ensure the health and safety of our students and staff include:
- Signage will be posted on COVID-19 prevention and symptoms, good hygiene and protocols.
- Check-in and check-out will be conducted outside.
- All staff and anyone entering the program will be required to check temperature.
- All students will have their temperature checked at check-in during morning and afternoon programs. Temperature must be below 100.4 to remain at the program.
- Any student with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to return for 2 weeks. Students can be readmitted with a note signed by a physician.
- Staff will be required to wear masks.
- Students will be encouraged to wear masks.
- Programs will be staffed at a ratio below the state standard.
- Staff will enforce social distancing and limit congregating between groups.
- Program group size will be reduced.
- Staff will teach and reinforce good hygiene measures.
- We will provide hand-soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels and no-touch trash cans in all bathrooms, classrooms and high-traffic areas.
- Staff will clean and sanitize areas before and after morning and afternoon programs.
- We will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Water fountains will be turned off, so bottled water or a water pitcher will be provided.
- We will follow school system protocols if a child or staff member becomes ill.
- Bus Protocols *for schools that bus to a Y branch*
- All children will have hand sanitizer applied before boarding the bus.
- Students and staff will wear masks on the bus.
- Students will use hand sanitizer or wash their hands as they are dropped-off at the Y.
- Buses will be sanitized at the beginning and end of each day.
- If a bus is used multiple times a day, it will be sanitized thoroughly between each run.
Guidelines will be adjusted when required. Any changes will be updated on our website, posted at the program location and sent in emails.
Youth Soccer COVID-19 Policies
These guidelines are expected to be followed by all parents, coaches and players to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- We ask that only immediate family of player attends practices and games.
- We encourage coaches and parents to wear face coverings.
- We ask that all spectators keep 6-foot distance from anyone outside of their immediate family.
- Teams are not allowed to use pennies/practice jerseys. Players will be asked to bring a light and dark color top for scrimmage purposes (if coach plans on holding scrimmage).
- We ask that all players keep 6-foot distance while performing drills.
- Water fountain on the premises will be used ONLY to refill bottles or cups.
- Balls/sports gear will be sanitized.
- We ask that all players and coaches refrain from high-fives, fist bumps, hugs or anything of that nature.
- Coaches will be required to check-in.
- All player benches will have a sanitizing station.
We will be adhering to all CDC guidelines, as well as state and local guidelines in order to protect everyone in our youth sports program. We will review our guidelines regularly and communicate changes as necessary.
Play & Learn Guidelines
- Limited hours available. Check your branch for changes in operating hours.
- All families, adults and children will have their temperatures checked upon arrival at the facility.
- Children will be asked to sanitize or wash their hands when they arrive to Play & Learn.
- Play & Learn is opened with reservations required.
- Parents will not be allowed in childcare areas.
- Capacity is limited.
- Feeding children will not be allowed in Play & Learn rooms (no bottles or snacks).
- Diapers will need to be changed by the parent.
- Only toys that can be easily disinfected will be in the room.
- There will be heightened cleaning throughout the day.
- Play & Learn Centers will be deep cleaned between each session.
Pool Safety Guidelines
- Pools have set times for lap swim that must be reserved in advance.
- Pools are open with designated sessions. Check with your branch for session times and availability.
- Families* are required to stay together in designated pods on pool deck.
- *Family is defined as adults and dependents on one YMCA membership.
- There is a limited capacity on the pool deck for each session.
- Pool areas and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between sessions.
- Private or family swim lessons are available by reservation.
- Members must shower before entering the pool.
- Sanitation stations and hand sanitizer are available on the pool deck.
- Check your branch for operating hours.
Group Exercise Guidelines
- Class schedule is limited.
- Spots must be reserved in advance.
- Members must maintain social distance during group exercise classes per state guidelines.
- Length of class may be limited.
- Members can access Your Virtual Y to participate in group exercise classes from home. Click here for more information.
Camp Safety Guidelines
We are thrilled to offer camp this summer, and are committed to providing fun and adventure for your child while keeping them safe. We have learned over the last few months while providing Essential Personnel Childcare how to keep children safe in these unprecedented times. We are following all CDC, ACA, YUSA, local health department and state guidelines, which means camp will be a little different this summer to ensure the health and safety of our campers. View our COVID-19 Day Camp policies.
- Check-in and check-out are conducted outside in a car line style.
- We will limit bus usage for transportation.
- All campers will have their temperature checked at check-in and mid-day. Temperature must be below 100.4 to remain at camp.
- Any camper with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to return for two weeks. Camper can be readmitted with a note signed by a physician or a negative COVID-19 test.
- Campers must wash/sanitize hands before and after each activity/meal.
- Camp groups are limited to between 1:10 and 1:15 ratio.
- Campers will eat and complete activities with their camp group only.
- All camper’s personal items must fit in a backpack that can be hung on a hook or chair.
- All campers must bring a refillable water bottle with them.
- Outside vendors will not provide activities for campers.
- We will not be conducting field trips.
- There is heightened cleaning throughout the day, including a disinfecting fogger for camp activity rooms.
- Limited number of total campers due to spacing/occupancy guidelines.
We will review our guidelines throughout the summer and make any changes as necessary. Any revisions to our guidelines will be communicated through email, our website and social media.